Jesus’ Gift to Us: Attunement with Him
If you could visit with Jesus right now, what would you ask Him?
“Why am I here?”
“Where ARE you in my life?”
“Who moved my cheese?”
My question was “What is the most important thing I need to know right now?” The answer astounded me. More about that in a moment. First, I want to tell you what I’m talking about.
As you know, the purpose of this website is to draw attention to the four websites maintained by Jesus through His messenger, Kim Michaels (see About). There is MUCH to read there, including discourses by Jesus and Ascended Masters, and tools for spiritual transformation. One of the tools is an exercise called Attunement with the Christ Within, which is given below in its entirety.
It is Jesus’ gift to us, designed to help an individual achieve real communion, or attunement, with Him in order to receive spiritual guidance and to develop discernment. Communicating directly with Jesus is a central message of these websites because it is a direct objective of Jesus’ message to 21st century spiritual seekers. He wants us to hear His message directly from Him in order to get it right.
The exercise begins first with protection decrees. There is much emphasis on protecting oneself against negative and astral-level interference, with equally practical guidance on achieving sufficient protection before attempting the exercise because protection is that important to connecting with Jesus and not an imposter.
This is followed by a guided visualization to a garden of your imagining where the individual achieves peace in the heart by focusing on the Sacred Heart. The individual also calms and clears the mind prior to meeting Jesus and asking a question.
My own first attempts were a bust because I had a hard time calming my mind. Years of watching fast-paced television had all but destroyed my powers of concentration — I’m looking at you, multiple split-second images in commercials and shaky camera movies. But I persevered and eventually calmed my mind enough to feel a real connection and get an immediate answer.
My question, as mentioned above, was “What is the most important thing I need to know right now?” After a moment, I heard a still, small voice within, calm and direct, say, “That I love you.”
I have no words to describe the profound effect this had on me. So I won’t try.
In a subsequent session, I asked a question regarding something I read on His website. He had said He dislikes that Christians focus so heavily on the image of the cross because it represents the violence of His death, obscuring His true message, which is that we are capable of following in his footsteps to Christhood and we can communicate directly with him in order to work toward that.
So my question was, “What symbol should Christians use instead of the cross?”
The answer came again like a whisper on the wind, “The heart.”
But of course! The Sacred Heart of Jesus! He loves us SO much that He came to this very disturbed planet to show us the road home. He didn’t have to, but He did. What is that if not monumental, majestic, unconditional Love?
Attunement with the Christ Within
An exercise dictated by Jesus: I am fully aware that this site cannot answer your personal questions. However, I do not intend to leave you comfortless. You have the capacity to commune directly with me. Establishing this communion might take some time and effort. Yet, if you will use the following exercise, the process will be much easier.
The following exercise is a visualization that is designed to help you receive personal answers to any questions you might have. Before you perform this exercise, I strongly recommend that you use an appropriate technique to seal yourself from the energies of the mass consciousness.
You must understand that there are many forces in this world that will seek to prevent you from getting true answers. If these forces cannot prevent you from attempting direct communion with me, they will seek to give you false ideas and answers.
You must also realize that there are forces inside your own mind (the enemy within or your carnal mind) that will try to interfere with this communion. These forces will seek to give you the answers that they want you to have. It is a general human tendency that people hear that which they want to hear. You must be aware of this tendency so that you can gradually build the discernment that allows you to see through imperfect answers and know the answers that come directly from me.
A practical technique
The following exercise will be of great help in building discernment and communion.
1. Go into a quiet room where you can remain undisturbed for some time (at least 10-15 minutes). Seat yourself in a comfortable chair so that you are not disturbed by discomfort in your physical body.
2. Spend 5-10 minutes sealing yourself from imperfect energies (see decree to Archangel Michael).
3. Visualize that the angels of Archangel Michael are surrounding your personal energy field. There are four angels, one on each side. These angels are 12 ft. tall and they carry swords that burn with a bright blue flame. They are fierce and able to protect you from the forces of this world.
4. Turn your attention to your higher self which is located right above your head. Silently give the following affirmation:
In the name of Jesus Christ, I invoke a wall of brilliant white light around my body, mind and energy field. I accept that this energy seals me from the things of this world. I now invoke a violet flame to burn inside the wall of light and to consume all imperfect energies in my own being.
Allow yourself a few moments to feel that you are completely sealed from the energies of this world.
5. When you feel at peace, focus your attention at the center of your chest at the height of your physical heart. Visualize that a spiritual flame burns inside your chest. This spiritual flame does not require fuel to burn. It is the unfed flame.
6. Focus your attention on this flame and allow your attention to enter the flame itself. Behind the flame, you see a doorway. Enter that doorway. As you go through the doorway, you move into a tunnel. As you move forward, you see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.
7. Keep moving forward until you emerge from the tunnel and walk into the light.
8. You now see that you have entered an exquisitely beautiful garden. The garden is surrounded by tall hedges. It has beautiful flower beds and walkways. In the center of the garden is a fountain that gently whispers. All over the garden, birds are singing cheerfully.
9. As you walk into this garden, you feel that the cares of the world are simply falling away from you. The further you move into the garden, the more light and peaceful you feel.
10. Simply keep walking and allow yourself to feel how the peace and tranquility of the garden absorbs all of your worries and cares. When you feel uplifted and at peace, take a moment to look around.
11. As you look around, you see two seats carved from stone. Allow yourself to sit down in one seat and make yourself comfortable. Then, focus your attention on your heart and close your eyes. Allow yourself to feel that you are completely at peace in this beautiful garden. In fact, you somehow feel that this is home.
12. Now imagine that you open your eyes and look at the seat in front of you. To your surprise, you notice that someone is now sitting in that seat. When you look closer, you realize that it is indeed I, your Jesus, who is sitting before you.
13. Allow yourself to get comfortable in my presence.
14. Now focus your attention on my heart and allow yourself to feel that my heart radiates an unconditional love for you. Give yourself a few moments to accept that I love you unconditionally.
15. Then, allow yourself to absorb my unconditional love for you and feel how it consumes everything that is imperfect and unreal. This is indeed the perfect love which casts out all fear and all other imperfect emotions.
16. While you are seated in front of me and fully absorbed in my love, allow yourself to think back to your situation on earth. Do not allow yourself to be disturbed by any aspect of that situation. Simply bring your situation to your conscious awareness for a moment. Then, look at me again, and in your mind formulate a silent question. Do not ask me what to do about your situation, because you must use your free will to choose what to do. Ask me to show you a greater understanding of the situation, so that you will know what is the right thing to do.
17. After you formulate the question, send it to me.
18. Then close your eyes and focus your attention on my love. Allow yourself to be so absorbed in that love that you forget all the cares of the world.
19. After some time of being absorbed in my love, your attention might naturally drift back to the question. Simply focus your attention on my heart and listen for an answer. If you do not receive an immediate answer, be not disturbed. Simply focus on my unconditional love and allow yourself to be absorbed in that love for as long as you like.
20. When you feel you have absorbed what you can, when you feel that your heart has become the cup that runneth over with my love, then visualize that you quietly leave the beautiful garden and walk back through the tunnel.
21. You are now seated in the chair in your room. Give yourself a few moments to return back to your normal state of consciousness.
In the beginning, you might not get an immediate answer from this exercise. It might take some time before the answer reaches your conscious mind. Simply be alert and try to set aside a few moments every day to listen from within. After some time, be it hours, days or even weeks, the answer will come to you.
Repeat this exercise as often as you like. If you truly want answers about a specific situation, repeat the exercise once a day until you have received sufficient inner direction.
I strongly recommend that you always have a notebook and pen next to you as you perform this exercise. After the visualization, take a few moments to write down any thoughts or insights that come to you. If you will make this part of the exercise, you will be amazed at the directions you will receive.
The purpose of this exercise is to help you attune your consciousness to me. After having performed this exercise for a while, you might feel that you can attain this attunement even during your daily activities. This is good. I desire you to have constant, at-will communion with me.